Skill areas EOCI provides
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT TO END-USERS
- land (mapping; urban; grasslands; crops; forestry; land cover / use; hydrology; erosion; flooding);
- urban (development; growth; use of developed land; access routes; run-off paths; flooding; settlement;);
- marine (sea surface temperature; water motions; wave energy fields; sedimentation);
- coastal (inter-tidal zone; drainage channels; estuarine; erosion/sedimentation; wave energy; habitat) and
- ice fields (glaciers; sea-ice; snow-type mapping; traverse and landing-zone planning; mapping).
INTEGRATION OF EARTH OBSERVATION DATA INTO USER PROGRAMMES
- developing analysis path with user;
- on site support to task;
- assessing information content to meet user specific task requirements;
- impartial assessment of confidence levels in analyses and products;
- error analysis in “crisp/hard” and “fuzzy/soft” classifications;
- integration of data (raster, vector, point data; airborne, satellite, surface-based; decision rules);
- geographic information systems to match user requirements.
PROGRAMME FRAMING AND SUPPORT
- transferring knowledge from R&D results into operational processes;
- commercialisation (market assessment, review of competition, framing of “niche opportunities”, SWOT analysis, step-by-step business planning, review of partnering opportunities);
- Invitation To Tender framing and proposal reviews;
- impartial review of national, intra-regional, and international policies and programmes.
GEOGRAPHIC SPREAD AND AWARENESS
- EOCI has current on ground expertise within: UK; Western Europe; South Asia; South East Asia; Australia; New Zealand; Pacific Islands; Antarctica; and the USA.